101 items found, showing page 1 of 9
- Majority of respondents supported a new modern Central Library move to Civic Offices
- New location could attract more people to use the library
Ready, Set, Read! Children invited to join this year’s sport-themed Summer Reading Challenge across Reading Libraries this summer
- Summer Reading Challenge launching Saturday 8 July 2023
- Children aged 4-11 encouraged to sign up to read at least 6 books over the summer
- Free activities and events at a library near you
- Consultation launches from June 26 and runs for four weeks
- Events with targeted groups will be running alongside the survey
- Summer Reading Challenge 2023 launches on 8 July
- Volunteers sought aged 14-18 who are enthusiastic about reading
- Opportunity to develop new skills and work experience
- Free and low-cost events and creative activities across Reading during the February half-term
- Library exhibition explores British Chinese communities and culture
- A free Chinese Brush painting session is on offer at Reading Central Library on Saturday 3 December
- Hear traditional Chinese stories and take part in Chinese crafts on Saturday 10 December
Reading Libraries announces five new guest speakers as part of its ‘Reading Libraries Telling Stories’ series
- ‘Reading Libraries Telling Stories’ is a series of diverse and uplifting storytelling sessions, from a wide range of people from the Reading community and beyond.
- The first session is on Saturday 3 December at 1.30pm at Reading Central Library.
- The storytelling sessions are completely free and are suitable for all ages.
- 1,529 children took part in the Summer Reading Challenge 2022
- Over 33 young people volunteered with Reading Library service to support the challenge
- Young volunteers clocked up a whopping 568 hours and 25 minutes over the summer
- Proposal to remove overdue fines and reservation fees
- Aim to remove any potential barriers to library use and encourage more residents to use Reading’s libraries
- Interactive storytelling aims to promote diversity and acceptance.
- The free Story Hour sessions will be on offer on 25 and 26 July.
- Council to submit £20 million bid for Government ‘Levelling Up’ funding
- Opportunity to revitalise and breathe new life into Reading's cultural and learning offer
- Proposals to transform the Hexagon and build a new Central Library