5 items found
- Free and low-cost events and creative activities across Reading during the February half-term
- COLLECTED: 150 Years of Reading Football Club is free to visit and open to the public in the Sir John Madejski Art Gallery from Saturday the 19 February 2022
- The exhibition is a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of unique pictures, objects, and fans’ and players’ memorabilia, telling the amazing story of Reading Football Club collected since 1871
- The exhibition forms part of Reading FC’s wider programme of 150th-anniversary celebrations
- ‘The 1971 READING FESTIVAL: For the First Time’ launches on Thursday 26 August.
- The unique exhibition tells the story of the very first Reading Festival through rare and unseen photographs and memorabilia.
- Curated by legendary rock photographer Jill Furmanovsky and narrated by Record Collector magazine’s Ian Shirley.
- Reading Museum and The Museum of English Rural Life (The MERL) set to reopen on Tuesday 18 May.
- Visitor welfare and safety are at the forefront of all reopening plans
- The online home of Reading's Bayeux Tapestry has been updated for 2021, developed by the museum and website agency Un.titled
- The new-look site features high definition images of each of the 32 scenes, allowing users to zoom into the detail of each scene and to scroll through the entire length of the 70m tapestry
- The website has been launched ahead of Reading’s preparations to celebrate the 900th anniversary of the foundation of Reading Abbey on 18th June 2021