98 items found, showing page 1 of 9
Young volunteers needed to support Summer Reading Challenge 2023
- Summer Reading Challenge 2023 launches on 8 July
- Volunteers sought aged 14-18 who are enthusiastic about reading
- Opportunity to develop new skills and work experience
Fun-packed half-term in store for families this February
- Free and low-cost events and creative activities across Reading during the February half-term
Explore British Chinese communities and culture with Reading Libraries this December
- Library exhibition explores British Chinese communities and culture
- A free Chinese Brush painting session is on offer at Reading Central Library on Saturday 3 December
- Hear traditional Chinese stories and take part in Chinese crafts on Saturday 10 December
Reading Libraries announces five new guest speakers as part of its ‘Reading Libraries Telling Stories’ series
- ‘Reading Libraries Telling Stories’ is a series of diverse and uplifting storytelling sessions, from a wide range of people from the Reading community and beyond.
- The first session is on Saturday 3 December at 1.30pm at Reading Central Library.
- The storytelling sessions are completely free and are suitable for all ages.
Children’s reading given a huge boost this year with successful Summer Reading Challenge
- 1,529 children took part in the Summer Reading Challenge 2022
- Over 33 young people volunteered with Reading Library service to support the challenge
- Young volunteers clocked up a whopping 568 hours and 25 minutes over the summer
Reading Libraries to abolish fines and fees
- Proposal to remove overdue fines and reservation fees
- Aim to remove any potential barriers to library use and encourage more residents to use Reading’s libraries
Reading Libraries to host Aida the Storytime Drag Queen in July
- Interactive storytelling aims to promote diversity and acceptance.
- The free Story Hour sessions will be on offer on 25 and 26 July.
Council reveals £20 million bid to revitalise Hexagon and Central Library
- Council to submit £20 million bid for Government ‘Levelling Up’ funding
- Opportunity to revitalise and breathe new life into Reading's cultural and learning offer
- Proposals to transform the Hexagon and build a new Central Library
Young volunteers needed to support Summer Reading Challenge
- Volunteers sought between 14 and 18 who are enthusiastic about reading.
- Opportunity to develop new skills and work experience.
- Summer Reading Challenge 2022 launches on 9 July.
New booklet celebrates the history of Reading’s Maiwand Lion
- Fascinating insight into Reading’s most famous monument
- Available from Reading Libraries now
Rediscover events and activities at Reading Libraries this October
- Rediscover free family events and activities at Reading Libraries this October.
- A lively calendar includes performance, arts & crafts, treasure hunts, author readings and workshops.