44 items found, showing page 1 of 4
800 fixed penalty notices in two years highlights council’s tough stance on fly-tipping and littering
- Council's specialist team has issued over 800 fixed penalty notices for fly-tipping and littering offences in just two years
- Fine income has been reinvested in CCTV to help combat fly-tipping further
- Council sends message to fly-tippers that they will be caught and punished
- Up to 500 additional pieces of graffiti set to be removed under new Council policy
- Local communities to be supported to take action in their neighbourhoods
- £75,000 investment will help make Reading's residential areas more attractive to live in
- Reportable app launched to allow residents to report anti-social behaviour more easily
- Move aims to support victims and make people feel safer in the Borough
- Council's ASB Team works closely with Thames Valley Police around issues such as drug activity, exploitation and threatening behaviour
- Vast majority of Reading's pubs will be pre-bookings only for England matches
- Reading Borough Council, Thames Valley Police and Pubwatch are urging fans to contact venues in advance to book a place or face disappointment
- 'Love your Park' aims to encourage people to put litter in the bin or take it home – and will promote three quick ways to report full bins for emptying.
- The increase in litter in Reading's parks last year compared to the year before was roughly equivalent to 75 bull elephants or 250 cars!